(click to view a larger image)
OL88-8 is an ultra-clear hybrid liquid encapsulant developed specifically for outdoor RGB displays. It is uniquely suited for RGB SMT devices due to its very high adhesion to black-faced PPA packages and very low moisture absorption, able to pass -65°C to 150°C temperature shock cycles and 85°C / 85% RH + 3x 260°C reflow required for outdoor RGB SMT displays.
OL88-8 features excellent transmittance in the visible light range of 400 nm to 800 nm, high adhesion to black-faced PPA, and cures to form a hard, non-tacky encapsulant with low gas permeability. It may be used as a cost-effective alternative to two-part epoxies used to encapsulate RGB SMT devices.
- Excellent transmittance from 400 nm to 1600 nm
- Outstanding resistance to yellowing after heat aging up to 105°C
- Excellent adhesion to black-faced PPA for optimum contrast
- Very low moisture absorption for better MSL performance
- Suggested for outdoor RGB SMT displays.
OL88-8 is designed for more aggressive outdoor RGB SMT displays, but can work equally well on indoor displays. Diffusants used for indoor displays, or low-reflective fillers for outdoor displays can be added, mixed directly into OL88-8.