(click to view a larger image)
OG10-1 is a non-yellowing clear molding compound for the encapsulation of optoelectronic devices. It features high transmittance from under 400nm to 1600nm, high refractive index and cures to form a hard, non-tacky encapsulant with low gas permeability. It may be used as a cost-effective silicone alternative with similar light output for LEDs.
It is uniquely suited for SMT devices requiring excellent light transmission under 500 nm, such as RGB or phosphor-converted LEDs, UV sensors and ambient light sensors. Suggested for cost-effective, high light output LEDs at service temperatures up to 125°C.
- Resists yellowing up to 125°C for thousands of hours
- Refractive index of 1.53 @ 400 nm
- Excellent transmittance from 400 to 1400 nm
- Retains transmittance in high UV range
- Forms a hard, low-permeability, protective barrier
- Glass transition temperature (Tg) > 135°C
- Diffused, colored and light filtering versions
OG10-1 forms a clear, hard, and durable layer of protection, providing refractive index and light transmission similar to silicones.