(click to view a larger image)
High current thermal fuses (HCTF) are high current, high temperature operating devices that open automatically and disconnect the circuit if exposed above 235°C. These are used primarily in automotive applications.
More complex than it looks, materials used for these devices must have very high thermal stability and pass stringent AEC-Q200 automotive specifications.
Key Application Considerations:
- Products must be map-molded
- Devices generates significant heat that must be dissipated
- Minimum MSL level of 4
Key Material Properties:
- Strength after Thermally conductive > 2.7W/mK
- Tg must be higher than 135°C
- CTE must be less than 20 ppm